I remember one of the minor stepping stones into me questioning my faith was the understanding of the burden of proof and the scientific method. I did not understand that atheism was the ‘Lack of Belief’ in that it takes the default position. I did not understand it is the negative position, in that it assumes nothing until proof is given. And that there are many other schisms along the spectrum of belief, that I also did not understand. (I.E.: Theism, Agonisticsm, Deism). These two videos below, were the two that really broke it down into laymens terms for me to understand.
Related Articles on the Various degrees and positions of Unbelief & Atheism
- 17 Kinds of Atheism
- What Kind of Atheist are you?
- Meta Atheist Vs. Pop Atheist
- No Religion? 7 Types of Non-Believers
- Types of Atheists
- The Ignosticism Position
- Defining the types of Theism
- 4 Kinds of Movement Atheist
- Behold the Six Types of Atheist