Sometimes, when I think of the different ways to answer the question, “Why are you an atheist?” or ”Why don’t you believe in God?” I really can’t think of simple way to answer that question. I truly fell like I am atheist by default; what else should I call myself when one comes to discover that the christian god of the bible does not exist. (My complete answer is actually really long.)
When I think of different ways of how I would actually answer depending on who was asking or why they were asking? Do I give the conclusion, the story, or just the end result of the why? Are they asking about Christianity or some generic metaphysical god? Is it the God of the Bible or a more liberal version of the Christian God? or are they wanting to know Why I don’t believe in God or Why I am an atheist?
So I would like to here from the masses on this one. Why are you an atheist in 100 words or less?
- Why I am an Atheist (Friendly Atheist Blog)
- My De-Conversion in One Sentence (The BitterSweetEnd Blog)
- Why I am an Atheist (Quote by Frederick Sparks)
- Why are you an Atheist? (Science Blogs)
- Why are you an Atheist? (The Washington Atheist)